- 1/2 cup (160 g) brown rice syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) sunflower seed butter*
- 1 Tbsp (14 g) coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (60 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (15 g) crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup (17 g) pretzels, crushed**
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (80 g) dried fruit (I used raisins and cranberries)
- 1/2 cup (70 g) pumpkin seeds***
- 1/3 cup (60 g) chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 (20×20 cm) baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Generously spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add brown rice syrup, sunflower seed butter, and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and nuke on high until ingredients are fully melted and combined, about 1 minute. Remove from microwave and allow to cool and thicken.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring until evenly distributed. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and use a spatula or your hands to spread it evenly, making sure to press down firmly. Cover pan with a sheet of foil and place into the fridge to set, at least 2 hours but preferably overnight. When bars have set, remove from pan using the foil overhang, and use a sharp knife to cut into individual bars. Store bars in the fridge or freezer for best results.
* You can easily sub this with your favourite nut butter if you don’t need these to be nut-free. ** Make sure to use certified gluten-free pretzels if you need these to be gluten-free. *** Feel free to sub these with another type of seed or nut if you don’t need them to be nut-free.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
Keywords: gluten-free, granola bars, no bake, sweet & salty, trail mix bars, vegan