- 2 cups (68 g) pretzels, crushed*
- 1 cup (80 g) oats
- 3/4 cup (150g) Medjool dates
- 6 Tbsp (96 g) nut or seed butter**
- 2 Tbsp (40 g) brown rice syrup***
- 1 – 2 (15-30 ml) Tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 1 cup (175 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coconut oil
- Line an 8×8 (20×20 cm) baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add pretzels and oats to the bowl of a food processor and process until the pretzels have broken down into small pieces and the oats resemble a flour. Add dates, nut/seed butter, and liquid sweetener, and continue processing until a dough begins to form and stick together. If it seems too crumbly or dry, add non-dairy milk, one tablespoon at a time until the dough sticks together when you pinch it between your fingers.
- Transfer dough to your prepared baking pan and use a spatula or your hands to spread it evenly in the pan, making sure to press down firmly. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high in 30 second increments until melted and smooth, making sure to stir between each. Pour chocolate over bars and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Top with crushed pretzels, if desired, and transfer pan to fridge for at least an hour to allow the bars to set.
- When bars have set, remove from fridge and allow to thaw for a few minutes before using a sharp knife to cut into bars. Store in an airtight container, either in the fridge or at room temperature, depending on how warm it is and how the bars behave.
* Use gluten-free pretzels if you need these to be gluten-free. ** I recommend using a no-stir nut/seed butter or the texture might be a little off. Feel free to use whichever kind is your favourite. I used both a soy nut and almond butter and both worked fine. *** Can be subbed with honey if not strictly vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
Keywords: chocolate, dates, gluten-free, healthy, no bake, pretzel bars, pretzels, recipe, snack bars, sweet and salty, vegan