- 1 cup (180 g or 12 large) Medjool dates*
- 1/2 cup (40 g) protein powder**
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil, melted***
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) nut/seed butter
- 2–3 Tbsp (30–45 ml) unsweetened almond milk****
- Add the dates to food processor or high-speed blender and process until they break down enough to start rolling around the food processor in a big ball.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and continue processing until fully combined, scraping down the sides of your processor as needed. The dough should stick together easily when pressed without being overly sticky.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll each portion into 1-inch balls. If desired, coat with extra cocoa, coconut, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, etc.
- Store truffles in a sealed container either in the fridge or at room temperature for up to a week.
* If your dates are a bit dry, cover the with some hot water for about 10 mins and drain prior to processing. ** I used a vanilla plant-based protein powder powder for these, but feel free to use whichever protein powder you have on hand. Just make sure you like the taste! *** You can omit the coconut oil and use 3T of nut butter instead, but the truffles will be slightly less fudgy. **** The amount of liquid will vary depending on what kind of protein powder you use. Start with 2 Tbsp (30 ml) and only add more if the dough is still too crumbly.
Keywords: chocolate, energy bites, gluten-free, healthy, no bake, protein, snack, vegan