- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, frozen (~100 g)
- 1/2 ripe avocado (~50 g)
- 3 Tbsp (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- (optional): maple syrup, to taste*
- Place all ingredients into any standard blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Transfer to a glass, top with any additional toppings of choice, and enjoy immediately.
* You can also use honey, agave, or whatever liquid sweetener you have on hand. The smoothie should be sweet enough without any added sweetener, but if you like things on the sweeter side, add a teaspoon or two and adjust to taste.
Keywords: avocado, chocolate, healthy, ice cream, recipe, smoothie, snack