- Add the almond butter, coconut flour, maple syrup, and vanilla to a medium-size mixing bowl and mix until all the ingredients are well combined and form into a dough.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, roll the dough between your hands to form individual balls. Set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and repeat with the remaining dough. Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge for 20 – 30 minutes to allow the balls to set.
- To prepare the chocolate coating, add the chocolate to a small bowl or cup and melt it in the microwave or over a double broiler, stirring periodically to ensure no clumps remain.
- Using a toothpick, dip each ball into the melted chocolate, gently tapping the side of the bowl to remove any excess. Place back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat until all the buckeyes have been coated.
- Refrigerate for ~15 minutes, or until the chocolate has set. Store the candies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
* You can also use honey. ** If your nut butter isn’t salted, you might want to add a bit of salt to bring out the sweetness even more.
Keywords: buckeyes, candy, chocolate, gluten-free, healthy, paleo, vegan