- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang to allow for easier removal. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs until the yolks break apart. Whisk in the yogurt, bananas, sugar, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in the oats, baking soda, and salt. Finally, spoon in the flour and gently stir it in until just combined. Toss the blueberries in 1 Tbsp of flour and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
* You can also use regular yogurt and it can be flavoured.
** You can also use brown or cane sugar.
*** You can swap out half of the AP flour for whole wheat. So it would be 3/4 cup (90 g) all purpose and 3/4 cup (90 g) whole wheat flour. You can use a gluten-free flour blend to make this gluten-free, but it won’t rise as much.
**** You can also use frozen blueberries, but your loaf will come out a lot more blue as the berries melt during baking.
Keywords: banana bread, banana oat bread, oats, blueberry, breakfast, Greek yogurt, healthy, recipe, snack