- 1 cup (80 g) quick oats (GF if needed)*
- 1 3/4 cup (196 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (50 g) coconut sugar**
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 flax “egg” (1 Tbsp (7 g) ground flax + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup***
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) vegan butter, melted****
- 1/2 cup (80 g) raisins
- Optional: 1/4 (30 g) icing sugar + 1 tsp (5 ml) water
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add the flax egg, maple syrup and butter, mixing until fully combined. Add the raisins. The dough should be a little sticky but still easy to work with. If it’s too sticky, add a tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it’s easier to handle.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll it into a ball between your palms. Drop the dough onto your prepared baking sheet and gently flatten it with your fingers. The cookies won’t really spread, so flatten and shape them how you want the finished cookie to look.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Optional: if you’re adding icing, combine the icing sugar and water in a small bowl and mix until you get a drizzle-able icing. It shouldn’t be too runny or it’ll sink right into the cookies, and not too thick that it ends up being a paste. The recipe is enough to ice half of the cookies – if you want to ice the whole batch just double the icing recipe.
* You can also use regular or old-fashioned oats.
** You can also use brown sugar.
*** You can also use honey.
**** You can also use coconut oil. Or you can use regular butter if you don’t need these to be vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: cookies, oats, flourless, vegan, gluten-free, snack, recipe, healthy, chewy, easy, oatmeal, almond flour, raisin