- 1/4 cup (64 g) creamy almond butter*
- 1 medium-size ripe banana (~100 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats**
- 2 tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup carrots (about 2 large), peeled and grated (115 g)
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and grated (115 g)
- 1/3 cup (55 g) raisins
- 1/3 cup (40 g) walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for carrots, apple, raisins, and walnuts (if using) to a high-speed blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. If you do not have a high speed blender, you can mix all the ingredients by hand. Simply grind the oats into a flour and mash the bananas before combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. Fold in carrots, apple, raisins, and walnuts and mix by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* Can sub with nut butter of choice. Or use soy nut butter for a nut-free option. ** Make sure they’re certified gluten-free if you need the muffins to be gluten-free.
Keywords: flourless morning glory muffins, gluten-free morning glory muffins, gluten-free muffins, healthy morning glory muffins, morning glory muffins,