- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg until the yolk breaks apart. Whisk in the molasses, coconut oil, 1/4 cup (50 g) coconut sugar, vanilla, ginger, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, mixing until smooth. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder, mixing until well combined.
- Add the remaining cinnamon and sugar to a small bowl. Scoop out a rounded tablespoon of dough and roll it between your hands to form a ball. Roll the cookie ball in the cinnamon sugar and place it on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough has been used up, and then use a jar or flat-bottomed cup to gently flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.* Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the sheet for ~5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
* You can bake these for 7-8 minutes if you want a slightly softer cookie. They tend to firm up as they sit, so adjust the baking time to your preference.
Keywords: baking, cookies, flourless, gingerbread, gluten-free, healthy, holiday, paleo, recipe