- 1/2 cup almond butter*
- 1 ripe medium/large banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender and blend on high until batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* To make these nut free, simply replace the nut butter with soy nut or sunflower seed butter.
Keywords: almond butter muffins, chocolate chip muffins, dairy-free, double chocolate muffins, Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels, flourless muffins, gluten-free, grain-free, healthy muffins, oil-free, sugar-free