- 2 medium-size ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 1/4 cup (64 g) almond butter*
- 2 tbsp (40 g) honey
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- optional: 3 Tbsp (30 g) dairy-free chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and prepare an 8 x 8 (20 x 20 cm) baking pan by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a high-speed blender or food processor in the order listed, and process on high until the batter becomes smooth and creamy, taking care to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly. Bake for 20 – 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bars from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you want to add the melted chocolate topping, place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish, and nuke them in 30 second intervals until they’re completely melted. Then, pour the chocolate over the bars and use a spoon or spatula to spread it around. Or, spread the chocolate directly onto pre-cut bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
* Feel free to use whichever nut or seed butter you have on hand or meets your dietary needs.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: banana bread, bars, dairy-free, dessert, easy, flourless, healthy, oil-free, recipe, refined sugar-free, snack