- ½ cup (115 g) plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (32 g) almond butter*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)**
- 6 tbsp (72 g) coconut palm sugar***
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup (~85 g) add-ins of choice****
- Preheat your oven to 350F (176C) and prepare an 8×8 (20x20cm) baking pan by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Grease the foil with oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the bananas to a high-speed blender in the order listed, and process on high until the oats have fully broken down and the batter becomes smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the batter to a large mixing bowl and gently fold in the mashed bananas. Finally, fold in your add-ins.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the blondies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
* You could also use peanut butter, or use a soy nut butter to make these nut-free. ** Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free. OR you can use 1/2 cup (56 g) of blanched almond flour to make these grain-free. *** You could also use regular brown sugar. **** I went with mini chocolate chips and crushed walnuts for the recipe pictured here, but you could go with any DRY add-ins that you want (i.e.: seeds, nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, etc.) I would avoid using fresh fruits, as the added moisture could alter the texture.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Keywords: banana, banana blondies, coconut flour, dessert, flourless, gluten-free, Greek yogurt, healthy, oats, recipe