For the muffins:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
For the streusel topping:
- 2 Tbsp. quick oats
- 1 tsp. coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the streusel topping by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add all muffin ingredients except for raisins to a high-speed blender in the order listed and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in raisins by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Sprinkle with a small spoonful of streusel topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Keywords: apple muffins, flourless apple muffins, flourless muffins, gluten-free muffins