- 4 oz. soft goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 6 oz. dried figs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and lightly oil a muffin tray, or line it with 12 paper/silicone liners.
- In a small bowl, prepare the filling by combining goat cheese, honey, and orange zest. Stir until fully combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine egg, oil, applesauce, honey, and Greek yogurt. Stir until fully combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in figs.
- With a spoon, spoon batter into muffin tins until about halfway full. Add 1 tsp. filling to each tin, and cover with more muffin batter. Make sure the cheese filling is fully covered.
- Bake muffins for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- When finished, allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: baking, Fall, figs, goat cheese, muffin, recipe