- 1 1/2 (180 g) cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 large, ripe banana (300 g or 1 1/2 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup (85 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. After 45 minutes, you may wish to cover with a sheet of tin foil to prevent the top from getting too brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
* You could also make this with whole wheat pastry flour or sub our ½ of the all-purpose with whole wheat.
Keywords: anana bread, chocolate, chocolate banana bread, fat-free, Greek yogurt, Greek yogurt banana bread, healthy, quick bread, recipe