- 1/3 cup (30 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (15 g) flour of choice*
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsweetened applesauce**
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla flavour
- 1/4 cup (35 g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Tbsp (7 g) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped***
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C), and lightly coat an individual sized ramekin or oven-safe bowl with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Fold in the raspberries and dark chocolate chunks, reserving a few to sprinkle on the top.
- Transfer the batter to your greased ramekin and top it with the remaining chocolate chunks . Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
- Remove your bake from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before adding any additional toppings and digging in!
* I’ve tested these breakfast bakes with a variety of different flours including: all-purpose, whole wheat, rice, gluten-free all-purpose, oat, and almond, and each one works just fine so choose your flour according to your dietary needs. ** If you don’t have applesauce, just up the almond milk to 1/4 cup. *** If you’re not a fan of the bitter taste of dark chocolate, use semisweet chocolate chips instead.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Keywords: breakfast, dark chocolate, gluten-free, healthy, raspberry, vegan