- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds + 3 Tbsp. water**
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar***
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks/chips/nibs
- Prepare your flax egg by combining ground flax seeds and water in a small bowl. Give it a gentle stir before setting aside for ~5 minutes to allow it to gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add flax egg**, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and mix until well combined and dough begins to thicken. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Use a tablespoon to drop cookies onto baking sheet, pressing down to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet for ~5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
* Prep time includes chill time. ** I used a flax egg to make these vegan, but you can sub this with a regular egg as well. *** You can also sub this out with brown sugar.
Keywords: almond flour, cookies, dark chocolate, dessert, gluten-free, healthy, oatmeal, recipe, snack, vegan