- 1 cup (80 g) rolled or quick oats
- 1/2 cup (90 g) pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (64 g) nut butter*
- 3 Tbsp (60 g) honey**
- 1/2 cup (15 g) crispy rice cereal
- 2 – 4 Tbsp (30 – 60 g) mini chocolate chips
- Throw oats into a food processor or blender and process until they reach a fine floury consistency. Add dates, nut butter, and honey and continue processing until fully combined. When dough begins to form and stick together, add crispy rice cereal and chocolate chips, pulsing a few times to ensure that they distribute evenly without breaking apart completely.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of dough and roll them between your hands to neatly shape them. Store balls in an airtight container, either at room temperature or in the fridge.
* I used almond, but peanut butter would be fine as well. Or you can use soy nut butter for a nut-free option.
** agave or rice syrup would work as well if you want them to be vegan.
Keywords: chocolate chip bites, date balls, dates, energy balls, energy bites, gluten free bites, no-bake bites, oatmeal, oatmeal date balls, vegan bites