- 1/4 cup (20 g) oat flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2–3 Tbsp (30–45 ml) unsweetened applesauce**
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp (8 g) almond butter***
- 1/2 Tbsp (8 g) mini vegan chocolate chips
- Combine the oat flour and baking powder in a small microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add the applesauce, maple syrup, and almond butter, and mix until all the ingredients are well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, saving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes and enjoy!
* To make your own oat flour, take 1/4 cup (20 g) of oats and run them through a food processor or blender until they break down into the consistency of a fine flour. Make sure to use certified gluten free oats if you need this to be gluten free. ** Because flour measurements and microwave strengths can have a little variance, you might have to adjust how much applesauce you add. Start with 2 tbsp (30 ml) and only add a third if you find your mug cake is coming out too dry. ** You can use any other nut butter you have on hand or use a soy nut butter to make this nut-free. I like using almond because it has a sweet and mild flavour.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
Keywords: chocolate chip, cookie dough, egg-free, gluten-free, healthy, mug cake, oat flour, recipe, snack, vegan