- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened to room temperature*
- 1/4 cup unrefined granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, and honey, beating on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla, and continue beating until everything is well combined, scrapping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto your prepared baking sheet, topping each cookie with a few additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges begin to set and turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
* I used full-fat cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: chocolate chip cheesecake cookies, chocolate chip cookies, dessert, recipe, soft and chewy cookies