- 2 tbsp (14 g) oat flour, gluten-free if needed
- 2 tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 banana, mashed (50 g or 1/4 cup)
- 2 – 3 tsp (8 – 12 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle of dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Add the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to a small bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Add the banana, sugar, vegetable oil, almond milk, and vanilla, mixing well to ensure that everything is fully incorporated and a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to a microwave-safe mug or 8 oz. ramekin. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. If the muffin has not set by then, continue to microwave in 30 sec intervals until desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully remove from the microwave (mug will be hot!), sprinkle with chocolate chips, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
* You can use any sugar you have on hand. Granulated, brown, coconut, etc. OR use maple syrup or agave to make this refined sugar free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
Keywords: chocolate, mug cake, healthy, vegan, recipe, gluten-free, snack, dessert