- 1/4 cup (55 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium, ripe banana (50 g or 1/4 cup [60 ml] mashed)
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 2 large egg whites OR 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (33 g) grated carrot
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it’s very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add all the ingredients except for carrot to a blender in the order listed and blend on high until the oats are fully broken down and the batter is smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds. Fold in the carrot by hand and allow the batter to sit for a few minutes so that it thickens up.
- Pour the batter straight from blender onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: banana, blender, breakfast, carrot cake, easy, gluten-free, Greek yogurt, healthy, pancakes, recipe