- ½ cup (40 g) rolled oats**
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored (~120 g)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted (30 g)
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk***
- The night before, add all the ingredients to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if the smoothie is too thick. Transfer back to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to ⅓ cup and add a scoop of your favourite protein powder. *** If smoothie is too thick, add a few extra splashes of milk to the blender.
Keywords: apples, breakfast, dates, gluten-free, healthy, oats, overnight oats, recipe, smoothie, snack, vegan