- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup (30 g) rolled oats**
- 1/2 Tbsp (8g) natural almond butter***
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp maple syrup, depending how sweet you like it****
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen strawberries
- The night before, add all the ingredients except for the strawberries to the bowl of your blender and give them a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, remove your blender bowl from the fridge and add the frozen strawberries. Blend on high until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if the smoothie is too thick. Transfer to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to 1/4 cup and add a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein powder. *** I like to use almond butter because it has a sweet and mild taste. Feel free to use your favourite nut/seed butter, but the flavour might shine through a little. **** You could also sub this out for 1/2 a ripe banana to make a strawberry banana smoothie.
Keywords: breakfast, gluten-free, healthy, recipe, Silk, Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk, smoothie, snack, strawberries, vegan