- 2 large eggs*
- pinch of salt
- small handful of baby spinach, stems removed
- 1/4 cup (30 g) shredded cheese of choice
- 1 8″ flour tortilla**
- Heat a 10″ non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. You can coat it with a small amount of oil just to make extra sure that nothing sticks.
- Add the eggs and salt to a small bowl and beat them with a fork until the yolks and whites are fully combined. Pour the eggs into the skillet and rotate it until the eggs completely cover the bottom.
- When the eggs have mostly set, top them with the spinach and 2 Tbsp (15 g) of cheese. Lay the tortilla on top and wait about 30 seconds for the cheese to melt. This will help the tortilla stick to everything.
- Use a large spatula to get underneath the eggs and flip everything over. When the tortilla is on the bottom, allow it to cook completely flat for about 2 minutes before sprinkling the remaining cheese on one half of the eggs. Fold the quesadilla in half over the cheese and allow it to cook on each side until desired level of crispiness is reached. Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and cut it in half before enjoying immediately with your favourite dips or toppings.
* You can also use one egg and two egg whites or just 4 egg whites.
** If you need these to be gluten-free, use a gluten-free tortilla.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, cheese, quesadilla, protein, easy, quick, recipe