- 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats
- 2 tbsp (14 g) oat bran*
- 2 tbsp (15 g) flour of choice**
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 ripe, medium-sized banana, mashed (50 g)
- 1/2 tbsp (8 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (35 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen*
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and lightly spray an individual sized (~16oz./500 ml) ramekin with cooking spray or grease it with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the oats, oat bran, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the almond milk, mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to your greased ramekin, topping with a few extra blueberries if desired. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, depending on desired consistency. Remove from the oven and allow the bake to cool for about 5 minutes before adding desired toppings and enjoying. This recipe can also be made the night before and stored in an air tight container to enjoy the next morning.
* If you don’t have any oat bran on hand, just use an additional 2 tbsp (10 g) of oats. ** I usually use an all-purpose or whole wheat, but this recipe works fine with most flours, including gluten-free and grain-free ones. *** If using frozen blueberries, you may want to toss them in some flour first to prevent them from bleeding.
Keywords: banana, blueberry, breakfast, gluten-free, healthy, recipe, vegan