- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats**
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp (3 g) cacao powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk***
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- optional toppings: chocolate chips, shredded coconut, slivered almonds, etc.
- The night before, add all the ingredients except for the toppings to a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover with plastic wrap (or transfer to a sealed container) and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, transfer the contents of bowl to a blender, and blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. Transfer back to bowl, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to 1/3 cup and add a scoop of your favourite protein powder. *** If the smoothie is too thick, add a few extra splashes of milk in the blender.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
Keywords: almond joy, almond joy overnight oats, Almond Joy smoothie, healthy, overnight oatmeal smoothie, recipe, vegan smoothie