- Preheat your oven to 350F (175C) and prepare an 8×8 (20x20cm) baking pan by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, crispy rice cereal, cinnamon, and salt. Add the almond milk, honey, almond butter, and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to spread it evenly and slightly pack it down.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove the bars from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
* If you don’t have any cereal on hand, just use an extra 1/2 cup (40 g) of oats. ** You can sub the honey out for brown rice syrup if you need these to be vegan. *** You can use any nut/seed butter you have on hand. *** Or you can use 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Keywords: almond, baking, gluten-free, granola bar, healthy, homemade, honey, recipe, snack, vegan