- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (170 g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (120 g) shredded cheddar cheese*
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- sprinkle of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- (optional): salsa & guacamole
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Start by peeling your sweet potatoes and slicing them into 1/4 inch rounds. Place them in a bowl and add the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, chili, and salt, using your hands to ensure that each round is evenly coated.
- Place the rounds in a single layer on your baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove them from oven, top with the beans and cheese, and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the diced onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. Serve immediately with salsa and/or guacamole.
* To make this dish vegan, use a plant-based shredded cheese. I like the ones from Daiya.
Keywords: dinner, gluten-free, healthy, lunch, nachos, recipe, sweet potato, vegan, vegetarian, weekday meals