- 1/3 cup (30 g) oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 tbsp (15 g) flour of choice (gluten-free, if needed)*
- 2 tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30 g) shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid**
- (optional) dairy-free chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In an individual-sized (~16oz./500 ml) ramekin, whisk together the oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Fold in the shredded zucchini and top with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the centre has set and the bake has reached your desired consistency.
- Remove the bake from the oven and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before adding any additional toppings and digging in!
* I usually use an all-purpose or whole wheat, but this recipe works fine with most flours, including gluten-free and grain-free ones. ** I like to place a handful of shredded zucchini between two paper towels and squeeze it over the sink. This drains it of just the right amount of liquid to allow the muffins to cook properly.
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast bake, chocolate, chocolate zucchini, gluten-free, healthy breakfast, oatmeal bake, recipe, vegan