- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats**
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp (16 g) natural almond butter***
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk****
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- The night before, add all ingredients to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if smoothie is too thick. Transfer back to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to ⅓ cup and add a scoop of your favourite protein powder. *** I used almond because it has a sweet and mild taste. Feel free to use your favourite nut/seed butter, but the flavour might shine through a little. **** If smoothie is too thick, add a few extra splashes of milk to the blender.
Keywords: breakfast, chocolate, gluten-free, healthy, overnight oats, recipe, smoothie, vegan