- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats*
- 1/4 cup (20 g) cacao powder**
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 12 dates or 180g)
- 3 Tbsp (48 g) nut butter***
- Add oats to food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until they reach the consistency of a fine powder.
- Add dates, nut butter, and cacao powder, and continue processing until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of your processor as needed.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll each portion into 1-inch balls. If desired, coat with extra cacao, coconut, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, etc.
- Store bites in a sealed container either in the fridge or at room temperature for up to a week.
* to make these grain-free, you can sub the oats for an equal amount of almond flour or protein powder. ** or unsweetened cocoa powder. *** I used a creamy almond, but feel free to use whichever nut/seed butter is your favourite. You can also cut back the nut butter to 2 Tbsp. and add 1 tsp. of maple syrup or agave to add a little extra sweetness.
Keywords: cacao, chocolate, chocolate fudge bites, date fudge, dates, gluten-free fudge, vegan fudge