- 1/2 cup (90 g) of dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hot water
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) light canned coconut milk*
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Add the dates and hot water to a high-speed blender or food processor. If your dates are a little dry, allow them to soak for 10 – 15 minutes so that they’ll be easier to blend. Otherwise, process oh high until the dates have broken down and turned into a smooth paste, scraping down the sides of your blender as necessary.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract, and continue processing until everything is well combined and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container. You can run the creamer through a fine mesh strainer to ensure no bigger pieces of dates remain, but it shouldn’t be necessary with a high-speed blender. Store in the fridge for up to a week. Creamer will thicken as it sits.
* Depending on how creamy you want your creamer, you can replace up to half of the canned coconut milk with a non-dairy milk of your choice. Or, you can sub it out entirely and add 1/4 tsp. of xanthan gum to thicken it up.
Keywords: coconut milk, coffee, coffee creamer, dairy free coffee creamer, dates, healthy coffee creamer