Who doesn’t love baked sweet potato fries? The addition of maple syrup gives these fries the perfect amount of sweetness, while the flaxseeds add a slight crunch and a healthy dose of omega 3’s.
Ingredients (serves one as a side)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax
- sea salt (to taste)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400º F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potato into fry shape, taking care to make each piece the same size (~ 1/4″).
- Drizzle the maple syrup into a large bowl, and toss the fries in, making sure they’re all evenly coated by massaging them with your fingers.
- Transfer the coated fries into a Ziploc baggie and add the flax, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Close the baggie and begin shaking/massaging it to ensure all of the fries are evenly coated.
- Empty the fries onto the baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying. They taste wonderful on their own, and even better when dipped in nut butter, ketchup, or hummus.