The combination of pumpkin, chocolate, and warming spices make this a perfect dessert recipe for Fall. Hearty, moist, and full of flavor, enjoy a slice alongside a cup of your favorite warm drink at any time of the day.
Ingredients (makes one 9 x 5 loaf)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and lightly grease a 9 x 5 bread pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Melt your coconut oil by placing it in a microwave safe dish and heating for 15 seconds. Remove, stir, and repeat until no chunks remain.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the pumpkin, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir until well combined before adding the melted coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips, mixing lightly.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.