Even those who aren’t fans of traditional carrot cake will love these as a way to sneak a little bit of extra veggies into their day. Hearty, moist, and full of flavor, these muffins are a perfect way to start the day.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly oil a muffin tray, or line it with 12 paper/silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until fully combined. Add the coconut oil, mashed banana, yogurt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients slowly by adding the flour mixture in 2 or 3 increments, stirring gently each time until just incorporated. Finally, stir in carrots. Do not overmix.
- Use a spoon to divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake muffins for 20 minutes. When finished, remove them from the muffin tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.