Love cookies and muffins but can’t decide which to bake? How about both? Shaped like cookies and sporting the consistency of a muffin, muffies offer the best of both worlds.
Ingredients (makes 10 muffies)
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. spelt flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1 pot (½ cup) caramel pudding (I use Belsoy)
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix well until fully combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine pudding, milk, and vanilla. Melt the coconut oil in a microwave or toaster oven, and add it to the pudding mixture. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir gently. Do not overmix.
- Spoon dough onto the cookie sheet as you would if you were making cookies. Use a heaping tablespoon of dough for each muffie, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.